Recently, I changed my alias in Office 365 portal. I did not add or delete an username, but changed the login alias I was using, with a new domain. All of a sudden, my Dynamics 365 for Talent account did not work anymore, throwing me an error “You are not authorized to login with your current credentials. You will be redirected to the login page in a few seconds.” Needless to say I’m the global administrator of the Office 365 tenant and I have a license for Dyn365 for Talent.
Because the error is not the same as the one solved by Microsoft in the product release (on the 27th of November – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/unified-operations/talent/whats-new-talent-november-27) called “Employee self-service workspace not displaying when a user isn’t assigned to a worker”, I’ve submitted a new support request.
The support technician was very helpful and I have to admit that (compared to other Microsoft cloud product support), the support team for Dynamics 365 for Talent is quick in understanding what the issues are. His first solution was not a good one, but then he told me to do go back to my previous alias and do the following steps:
- Ask another Talent admin user to import my new alias (even if the user is the same in Office 365 Azure Active Directory)
- If this the above is not possible, change back to my previous alias
- Access the Dynamics 365 for Talent environment and create another admin user
- Change my login alias again, in Office 365
- Ask the user created at step 3 to import my new alias and allocate security roles
- Assign this newly imported user (a.k.a. my new alias) it to an employee in Talent
I have to admit that I don’t really understand why, if we are using the same Azure Active Directory, I have to reimport this new alias, but the solution above helped me to login with my new username.